6 Ways To Shake The Prospect Tree
(Print And Share At Your Next Sales Meeting)
By Glenn Fallavollita, President - Drip Marketing, Inc.
- Word count: 477
- Time to read: 1.9 minutes @ 250 words per minute
Do you want to jump-start your sales? If you do, I have listed a number of tips below for all owners, sales leaders, and sales pros to read.
#1: Build A Massive e-Mail Database - If you want to see an immediate increase in sales, work on building a massive e-mail database of clients, prospects, and referral partners. If you don’t have enough e-mail addresses, you should consider our e-mail address acquisition service.
#2: Engage Your Clients With More Proactive Campaigns - Satisfied clients are the lifeblood of any business. That said, here are a few ideas to help keep your clients engaged:
- Say "thank you" to your clients for being a customer.
- Ask your clients to recommend your business to someone they know.
- Survey your database of clients to determine how well you are performing (see point #5 below).
#3: Sell On Value - Some companies do well as "the cheapest option available." However, for businesses delivering a high-quality service, this is not an attractive selling point. Therefore, your salespeople need to know what sets your business apart from its competition.
#4: Employ A Drip Marketing Strategy - To market your business on a cost-effective basis, I recommend sending a series of bite-size marketing campaigns over a consistent time period versus taking the fire-hose approach of information. Remember, segmented marketing campaigns (by target audience) are the way to go.
#5: Pick Up The Phone More Often - Once a drip marketing campaign has been sent, make sure your salespeople call to follow up a campaign (this is the best way to shake the prospect tree). To help you sound more professional on the phone, I have outlined two voicemail scripts to consider:
- Hi _______this is ______ from ______________. I’m just quickly following up on an e-mail we sent to you about our free HR assessment offer. If you would like to find out how our HR assessment can reduce your exposure to an employee lawsuit, call me at (800) 555-1212, again, (800) 555-1212.
- Hi _______this is ______ from ______________. I’m just quickly following up on an e-mail we sent you about our free ________ demo. If you would like to find out how we can increase/reduce your ______ sales/costs by 33% next week, call me at (800) 555-1212, again, (800) 555-1212.
#6: Survey Your Clients - A client survey can provide you with a tremendous amount of feedback. Specifically:
- How well your business is performing.
- Generate more referrals (we show our clients this all the time).
- New products/services a client may need.
Executive Summary: Bringing on new clients is the lifeblood of any business. And if you want to see an increase in new business, you need to TAKE ACTION today; not tomorrow.